Acquired by Schlesinger Companies in 1966, the Selling Building is one of Portland’s landmark structures. This 12 story building contains 90,000 square feet of office space and 8,500 square feet of retail space. Designed by noted architect A.E. Doyle in the Chicago Architectural Style and completed in 1910, its glazed terra cotta facade includes a roof cornice, Venetian windows, pilasters and column-and-spandrel facings and has been a popular and attractive headquarters for many successful Oregon companies throughout its history. Schlesinger Companies restored the Selling Building name after spending 43 years known as the Oregon National Building. Renaming the building honors the history of this Portland Landmark. In 1991, the building was successfully placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building has been modernized with the installation of new mechanical and HVAC systems and the renovation of the building’s lobby. The building is located on the transit mall in the heart of downtown Portland among shops, restaurants, parking, banks, theaters and a complex of government buildings. Schlesinger Companies is headquartered in the Selling Building.